Good Karma Sportfishing is located at Tavernier Creek Marina (http://mytaverniercreekmarina.com/amenities.html ) Mile Marker 90.8. Our location at Tavernier Creek Marina is premier as I am able to maximize your fishing time and decrease travel times to the fishing grounds, giving you more time on the water.
Charter fishing trips are private (no open boat or split charters) and limited to a maximum of 4 anglers. My boat does not carry a fishing mate, which allows for more fishing room. On all fishing charters clients are encouraged to get involved and fish. I want my clients to be involved in the entire Florida Keys fishing experience from hunting and hooking the fish to landing or releasing the fish.
I cater to all levels of fishing experience and work very hard at making sure your Florida Keys fishing charter is action packed. I especially enjoy working with beginning anglers and families from all over the world. Getting kids hooked on fishing is awesome.
Whether you are an experienced fisherman or have never cast a line, I promise a time you will not forget. Come find out why Islamorada is known worldwide as “The Sport Fishing Capital of the World”.
I look forward to fishing with you in the Florida Keys!
Florida Keys Fishing Rates
Fall and Winter Season
Gratuities are not included in the rates
- Family Fun Snapper and Shark Fishing
- Islamorada Hump Fishing
- Light Trolling off the Reef for Tuna/wahoo
- Snapper/Grouper "Meat" Fishing using commercial fishing techniques.
- Combination of trolling and reef fishing
- Patch Reef fishing on Windy Days
- Grouper Trolling with Diving Plugs
Fishing Offshore in the Upper Florida Keys
Just a short 15-20 minute ride from Tavernier Creek Marina on the deep reefs we will anchor up & chum for Yellowtail Snappers, Mutton Snappers, & Groupers. If you do not like to anchor we can also troll the reef for Sailfish, Kingfish, Wahoo, Cero mackerel, Tuna, Barracudas and more. Fishing the reef can be non-stop action.
Yellowtail Snapper fishing requires anchoring and chumming. I use commercial fishing tricks to get these fish into a feeding frenzy behind the boat. We can also drop down my favorite, the "Good Karma Grouper Bomb". My clients love the Grouper Bomb!
"BANANA FREE BOAT"
All fisherman are a little superstitious including myself so please leave your bananas at home. NO BANANAS! Listed further down on my webpage is the story behind why I do not allow bananas aboard Good Karma.
December 12 2014
Fished Thursday December 11th with Tony and his wife from Blackriver Falls, Wisconsin. Tony has always dreamed of catching a Sailfish and he got just that. After about 30 minutes of fishing Tony got his wish as he hooked his first ever sailfish.
The fish gave us a "talent show" as he jumped several times. We got the fish to the boat quickly and released it unharmed. Here is Tony with his release flag.
We spent the rest of the trip having fun catching dolphin for dinner before heading in. It was a short 1/2 day trip, but it was action packed and a heck of a lot of fun!
Did not do any bottom fishing this week, but am planning on doing a little of that next week. If you are planning on visiting over Christmas Break give me a call.
- High Gunnels for Safety
- Customized Open deck fishing Cockpit
- USCG Safety Gear
- Garmin GHP 10 Marine Autopilot System.
- Superior SeaDek Open Deck Cockpit Fishing Good Karma is equipped with a SeaDek fishing platform. The anti-fatigue properties and shock absorption cushion provided by the new SeaDek have taken our offshore fishing & reef fishing to a whole new comfort level. Our fishing deck provides not only an exceptional traction surface but also lessens the fatigue brought on by prolonged standing while fishing. If you have knee or back problems then you are going to love fishing on Good Karma.
- Taco Grandslam 280 Outriggers
- Spray Curtain Pilot House
- Private Bathroom Area
- 2 Electric Downriggers for Superior Wintertime Kingfish, Blackfin Tuna and Wahoo fishing
- 30 Rod Holders
- Garmin "Chirp" Depth Finding
- Windlass Automatic Anchor
- Garmin GXM/Sirius Radio, Weather and Sea Surface Imaging(SST Charts)
- Daiwa Saltist High Speed Spinning Reels
- Shimano TLD 2 Speed Reels
- Insulated Tournament Fish Bag
- Yeti Tundra 50 for you Drinks and Food
If you love catching and eating grouper as much I do then give me a call. The season closes on Jan. 1 2015. As the water temps cool down the grouper fishing will only get better. I will teach you about the Good Karma "Grouper Bomb" and hopefully make your arms very sore from fighting these monster fish on spinning gear.
Check out this rare Hammerhead Shark that swam up to our boat in 55 ft. of water. Anything can happen out there so bring your cameras!
Offshore (15-20 Miles) in the Upper Florida Keys
Offshore fishing requires a lot of patience; remember we are big game hunting. Some days the fish will literally eat anything, but then there are other days where it takes time to find the fish. Most offshore fish such as Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Sailfish and Tuna don’t take up full time residence in our waters. Check out our Florida Keys Fish calendar before planning a trip or just give me a call at 305-619-2126 & ask me what’s happening offshore in the Florida Keys.
Finally decided to get some fishing shirts made up. Check it out. If you want to order one, for "Good Karma" (laughing) contact me for pricing.