Good Karma Sportfishing is located at Tavernier Creek Marina (http://mytaverniercreekmarina.com/amenities.html ) Mile Marker 90.8. Our location at Tavernier Creek Marina is premier as I am able to maximize your fishing time and decrease travel times to the fishing grounds, giving you more time on the water.
Charter fishing trips are private (no open boat or split charters) and limited to a maximum of 4 anglers. My boat does not carry a fishing mate, which allows for more fishing room. On all fishing charters clients are encouraged to get involved and fish. I want my clients to be involved in the entire Florida Keys fishing experience from hunting and hooking the fish to landing or releasing the fish.
I cater to all levels of fishing experience and work very hard at making sure your Florida Keys fishing charter is action packed. I especially enjoy working with beginning anglers and families from all over the world. Getting kids hooked on fishing is awesome.
Whether you are an experienced fisherman or have never cast a line, I promise a time you will not forget. Come find out why Islamorada is known worldwide as “The Sport Fishing Capital of the World”.
I look forward to fishing with you in the Florida Keys!
Florida Keys Fishing Rates
Fall and Winter Season
Gratuities are not included in the rates
- Family Fun Snapper and Shark Fishing
- Islamorada Hump Fishing
- Light Trolling off the Reef for Tuna/wahoo
- Snapper/Grouper "Meat" Fishing using commercial fishing techniques.
- Combination of trolling and reef fishing
- Patch Reef fishing on Windy Days
- Grouper Trolling with Diving Plugs
Fishing Offshore in the Upper Florida Keys
Just a short 15-20 minute ride from Tavernier Creek Marina on the deep reefs we will anchor up & chum for Yellowtail Snappers, Mutton Snappers, & Groupers. If you do not like to anchor we can also troll the reef for Sailfish, Kingfish, Wahoo, Cero mackerel, Tuna, Barracudas and more. Fishing the reef can be non-stop action.
Yellowtail Snapper fishing requires anchoring and chumming. I use commercial fishing tricks to get these fish into a feeding frenzy behind the boat. We can also drop down my favorite, the "Good Karma Grouper Bomb". My clients love the Grouper Bomb!
"BANANA FREE BOAT"
All fisherman are a little superstitious including myself so please leave your bananas at home. NO BANANAS! Listed further down on my webpage is the story behind why I do not allow bananas aboard Good Karma.
November 26th 2014
This past weekend I fished with my buddy Reagan (AKA the “Mahi Slayer”) and his mom from SC. I took Reagan on his first Mahi Mahi fishing trip last summer. He scored a limit of really nice fish on a 4 hour trip. This time around the wind and waves did not let us get out to the ocean. Reagan is a fisherman and told me that he just wanted to get out and catch some fish with me. So we hit the creeks and caught a few snappers and barracuda. Had an awesome time fishing with Reagan and his mom. I am already looking forward to our next trip. Here is Reagan and his rack of Mahi Mahi from June 2014.
On Monday November 24th the wind and waves subsided. Bovien Anders from Denmark booked me for a full day. For those that have booked me for a full day know that my full day is a really a “FULL DAY”. Anders wanted to catch Mahi-Mahi and Tuna so we did just that. We were on fish non-stop for 8 hours. The prize catch was a 22.5 lb Blackfin Tuna. At the end of the day Anders was wore out and said he was ready to go in. Looking forward to our next trip.
Happy Thanksgiving look for my next report later next week as the wind may not let us fish for a few days.
- High Gunnels for Safety
- Customized Open deck fishing Cockpit
- USCG Safety Gear
- Garmin GHP 10 Marine Autopilot System.
- Superior SeaDek Open Deck Cockpit Fishing Good Karma is equipped with a SeaDek fishing platform. The anti-fatigue properties and shock absorption cushion provided by the new SeaDek have taken our offshore fishing & reef fishing to a whole new comfort level. Our fishing deck provides not only an exceptional traction surface but also lessens the fatigue brought on by prolonged standing while fishing. If you have knee or back problems then you are going to love fishing on Good Karma.
- Taco Grandslam 280 Outriggers
- Spray Curtain Pilot House
- Private Bathroom Area
- Electric Downrigger
- 30 Rod Holders
- Garmin "Chirp" Depth Finding
- Windlass Automatic Anchor
- Garmin GXM/Sirius Radio, Weather and Sea Surface Imaging(SST Charts)
- Daiwa Saltist High Speed Spinning Reels
- Shimano TLD 2 Speed Reels
- Insulated Tournament Fish Bag
- Yeti Tundra 50 for you Drinks and Food
If you love catching and eating grouper as much I do then give me a call. The season closes on Jan. 1 2015. As the water temps cool down the grouper fishing will only get better. I will teach you about the Good Karma "Grouper Bomb" and hopefully make your arms very sore from fighting these monster fish on spinning gear.
Check out this rare Hammerhead Shark that swam up to our boat in 55 ft. of water. Anything can happen out there so bring your cameras!
Offshore (15-20 Miles) in the Upper Florida Keys
Offshore fishing requires a lot of patience; remember we are big game hunting. Some days the fish will literally eat anything, but then there are other days where it takes time to find the fish. Most offshore fish such as Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Sailfish and Tuna don’t take up full time residence in our waters. Check out our Florida Keys Fish calendar before planning a trip or just give me a call at 305-619-2126 & ask me what’s happening offshore in the Florida Keys.
Finally decided to get some fishing shirts made up. Check it out. If you want to order one, for "Good Karma" (laughing) contact me for pricing.